Franklin, TN Main Street Festival 2012
This past weekend we went to the Main Street Festival that happens each Spring here in Franklin, TN. There are crafts, sweets, food trucks, rides, tons of families, lots of adorable dogs on leashes, and also some random celebrities such as Eli Manning, Ted Danson, Julianne Hough, and...Ryan Seacrest...? Ryan, what were you doing in Franklin?
Here are a couple good reasons why I like to go to the Festival.
YUM!! The best kettle corn on the planet! It's so addictive.
Ace sells his kettle corn at the Franklin farmer's market every Saturday too. Woohoo! :)
Noi makes the most amazing desserts. Franklinites, check her out!
If you ever visit, you should also make a pit stop at:
Levi started out rockin' and lounging in his stroller. He likes to keep one foot propped up, and is always checkin' the scene. Watch out ladies.
But then...he can't keep up with all the fun after his bottle.
So after a great weekend...we would like to announce:
We are moving!
My husband, baby, and I are headed to Chattanooga, TN. It's a strange feeling, because Michael and I were both raised here. We have watched this city grow from a handful of traffic lights, one mall, many more open cow fields (I do miss that), and a much lower population. I recently read that Franklin has grown by somewhere around 40% in the last ten years. That's insane.
Here are a few things Franklin, TN is recognized for (& why so many people are moving here):
- Money Magazine Top 20 Places to Retire
- Money Magazine Top 100 Best Places to Live
- Clean Cities Award (TN Dept. Transportation)
- Tree City USA
- Great American Main Street Award
- Preserve America Award
- Number One Small Town in Tennessee
- One of Five Best Places in America to Antique Shop
- Five National Register Historic Districts
- One of Top 50 Cities to Start a Small Business
Sounds pretty nice, huh?
So why are we leaving?
It's real perty.
Chattanooga, TN is recognized for:
- One of the Most Progressive and Livable Mid-size Cities in the US
- 3 National Awards for Outstanding "Livability"
- 9 Gunther Blue Ribbon Awards for Excellence in Housing and Consolidated Planning
We are excited to start this new chapter of our lives.
If I was to write a letter to Franklin detailing all the memories and everything I will miss...I would not get any sleep tonight, so I'll keep it short and sweet.
I know we will only be two hours apart, but I will miss you. I will miss all the people who call you home. Thank you for all the wonderful people you allowed me to encounter and for being a great home to me for nearly thirty years.